1. Are your rooms hotel rooms or suites?
All units at the Elmwood are suites. Our one, two, and three-bedroom condos each have a complete kitchen with full sized appliances, and a living room with a queen size sleep sofa.
2. What type of amenities do you offer?
We have an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, a sauna, a picnic area, a fire pit area, a playground, a laundromat, access to the local fitness club, wifi, and more.
3. Does your hotel require a security deposit?
Yes. We require a $100.00 security deposit upon check-in, which may be paid in cash or on a credit card.
4. Does your hotel allow pets?
No, we are not a pet friendly hotel.
5. Is your hotel open year round?
Yes. The hotel is only closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas day.
6. Is your hotel staffed 24 hours?
No. Our Front Desk is available from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, 10 pm on Friday & Saturday nights. During the peak season, the Front Desk is open from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm.
7. What is your hotel’s cancellation policy?
Due to these unprecedented times, the standard 14 day cancellation policy has been relaxed. If at any time you don’t feel confident in traveling to Maine, we want you to have the flexibility to change your plans. Guests may now cancel up until the day of arrival at 4:00 PM. In the event of a cancellation, any deposit that was placed with the reservation will be converted into a gift card for future use. All cancellation fees are waived and the gift card will not expire. Any decrease to the number of nights of a reserved stay must be completed 14 days prior to the arrival date. There are no refunds for early departures. Reservations made through outside booking agencies, such as Expedia or Booking.com, are nonrefundable.
8. What is the minimum age to check into your hotel?
21 Years of age
9. What time is check in?
Check in time is 3:00 pm
10. What time is check out?
Check out time is 10:00 am
11. Can a late check out be requested?
This is subject to availability.
12. Do you offer breakfast?
No. Since all of our suites are equipped with a full kitchen, breakfast is not offered at our hotel.
13. Are linens provided at your resort?
Yes. All linens are provided to our guests at no charge, including pool towels.
14. Is there a taxi service or UBER in Wells?
Yes. Seacoast Cab Co is our only taxi service. They may be reached at 207-646-4222. There are a limited number of UBERs available in Wells.
15. Are there any discounts offered at your hotel?
Yes. There are discounts available. Please contact the hotel for information.
16. Do you offer any packages at the hotel?
Yes. We offer off seasonal packages. Please call us for more information.
17. Do you have a hot tub?
No, though we do have a sauna.
18. Do you have rooms that are handicap accessible?
No, but we are able to make certain accommodations, please call us for more information.
19. Do I need to pay a deposit to hold a room?
Yes, all reservations must be guaranteed with a deposit.
20. Do you have a laundry facility?
Yes, we have a coin operated laundry room in which there is a dispenser to purchase detergents.
21. Do you have a conference room or a common area for guests?
No, but there is plenty of chairs and tables to sit at in the indoor pool, as well as outside on the deck, by the outdoor pool, and on the lawn by the fire pit.